Monday, July 19, 2010

A Different Kind of Blog Post: She Speaks

Today's blog post is going to be a little bit different. Usually in this space I offer you some ideas for teaching your kids about God. Today, I'm going to ask for something from you instead.

For the past five years or so, God has been talking to me about using my writing talents for Him. This blog is a direct outgrowth of those conversations. I've also written a couple of Bible studies, which I have taught at our church. The last one I wrote was called Everyday Truth and is the basis for the creation of this blog. Earlier this year, a friend of mine introduced me to a Christian writers' and speakers' conference called She Speaks. After much prayer and discussion with my husband, we decided that I should go.

The conference starts next Friday in Charlotte, N.C. I'm so excited to be attending, but I'm also shocked to even be on this journey. All through my life, I've been able to string a few words together, but I never thought I would consider myself a "writer." The best part of the conference will be getting to learn as much as I can, but I'm also scheduled to meet with two publisher representatives while I'm there to talk with them about publishing the Everyday Truth Bible study. I'm not really sure what to expect, but I know those appointments are in God's hands.

Here's where you come in. I'm asking that you would all pray for me while I'm gone. This is an amazing opportunity for me, but I'm pretty nervous. Pray that God would let this be a wonderful learning experience for me -- that I would come home refreshed and confident that this is the direction that God wants me to go. The conference begins on July 30 and runs through Aug. 1. Please pray especially at 3:15 on July 30 and at 9:45 on July 31, which is when I meet with the publisher representatives. Pray that I would know exactly what to say and would  be able to cast a clear vision in these meetings.

I appreciate you reading and supporting me in prayer. I know that the things I learn at She Speaks will make this a better blog for you and will help to reach even more moms with the message that they can teach their children about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment