Friday, August 27, 2010

It's Your Turn

When I started writing this blog back in May, I wasn't sure anyone would read it. However, I felt compelled to write it. When people besides my mom and my husband started telling me they loved reading it and were using some of the ideas with their own kids and grandkids, I was amazed. As I wrote in my first ever post, I never wanted to write a parenting blog, book, study or anything else. I didn't want anyone thinking I knew it all or that my kids are perfect. Yet, God knew that the message of Everyday Truth -- that you don't have to be a biblical scholar to teach your kids' God's truth -- was one that moms everywhere need to hear.

From the time I first sat down at my computer to write, God has been faithful. Every morning, He provides me with something to say that will, hopefully, touch a mom's heart and change a child's life in some small way. The topics to write on are endless, but today I want to ask you all to offer some suggestions. Anyone who comments on the blog today will be entered in a drawing to receive a copy of "This Fine Life" by Eva Marie Everson, a novel set in the 1960s south about a small-town pastor and his wife. It's a great read.

So, here's what I want to know. Comment on any or all of these topics.
  • What topics would you like to see covered on the blog?
  • Would you be interested in an doing an online Bible study?
  • How do you use this blog? Do you visit every day, once a week? Do you use the suggestions with your kids?
  • If you are a member of the Facebook page, what do you think of the posts? Are they helpful?
  • If you have used any of the ideas on the blog, how did it turn out?
  • Would you be interested in having an Everyday Truth Bible study or seminar at your church?
Let me know what you think. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for helping me make the Everyday Truth blog as useful as possible for you.

1 comment:

  1. I am just reading your blog for the first time. I love your daily applicable lessons and ideas. I like to see those day to day parenting/family issues that everyone has, but things they are alone in dealing with. I love your simple tips for incorporating God in my childrens' lives. I would definitely be interested in an online bible study. I attend the same church as you, so I will be participating in a LLYD lifegroup as well.

    ReplyDelete