As I look back over 2010, I see how God has changed me to be able to share my passion for training our children with you. Even just two years ago I would have told you that you were crazy if you suggested that I would write a daily blog encouraging other moms to teach their children about God. Yet, here I am at the end of 2010 with a passion to share, a blog that reaches people all over the world and an excitement about what God has in store for all of us in 2011.
Reflection is an important part of making a difference for God -- in our children's lives and in the lives of those around us. In the Old Testament, God admonishes the Israelites over and over to not forget what He has done for them. Deuteronomy 15:15 says "Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and the Lord your God redeemed you." In the same way, we need to take a moment and look back at our year to remember the things that God has done for us. Ask yourself these questions:
- How did God work in my life this year?
- How did I see God work in my children's lives this year?
- In what direction is God moving me in my work, my parenting and my ministry?
- What did my children learn about God this year?
- What worked with my kids this year? What didn't work?
- In what direction do I see God leading my kids?
- Where do I think God is leading me in the next year? Are there any steps that He is asking me to take to get there?
- What do I want to focus on teaching my children in 2011? Do I need to focus on different things with each of my children?
- What do I need to do be deliberate in teaching my kids in 2011?