Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Introductions: Mom's Toolbox

I know a lot about the Bible. I've been teaching and writing Bible studies for nearly 10 years. But, you know, I have never made it through the Bible cover to cover in one set period of time.

Oh, I've started with the read through the Bible in a year reading plans several times, but come March or April, I usually get bogged down and busy and end up giving up.

That's why I'm so excited about today's Friday Introduction. Starting July 11, I'm going to be joining up with some other ladies online to do The Bible in 90 Days program. This reading schedule takes you through the Bible in 90 days.



One of my favorite websites, Mom's Toolbox, is hosting this program. At Mom's Toolbox, you'll find a site loaded with insightful devotions, great tips for being a better mom and even some yummy recipes.

Amy does a great job of keeping you encouraged and giving you practical ideas that you can implement in your own home.

But the thing I'm most excited about is her dedication to helping people read through the Bible with The Bible in 90 Days. She's even offering a Bible survey reading for your kids so they can do it along with you. The readings for kids are shorter, and they won't read all the way through the Bible, but it's a great way to challenge your kids to get into the Word.

Why read through the Bible, you ask? The Bible is God's love letter to us. It's the complete story of who He is. Even those seemingly endless passages of laws in Leviticus have something to tell us about God's character. If we never read it all, we miss out on finding out more about God.

Psalm 119:105 says "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Reading all of God's Word brings light into our lives and helps us to follow where God leads. Putting God's word into your life is never wasted. Isaiah 55:11 tells us "My word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Spending time in God's word is never wasted.

I'd love to have you check out Mom's Toolbox. (You can also find Amy on Facebook and Twitter). But I'd love it even more if you'd join me in reading The Bible in 90 Days. If you're interested, head on over to Amy's site and sign up, then post in the comments here that you're taking part. I'll keep a list of participants from Everyday Truth, and we'll have our own encouragement and discussion group via Facebook and email.

So, grab a friend, sign up at Mom's Toolbox, and join me in an adventure through the Bible. You definitely won't regret it, and you might make some new friends along the way.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm looking forward to you reading the entire Bible with us soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally pumped about this. I've tried the reading the Bible in a year thing several times, but quickly lost interest/got distracted by other things. I think this time frame will work much better for me. A clear goal and a commitment with accountability. I love it! Just ordered my Bible in 90 days Bible and am totally looking forward to this endeavor! Thanks Lori!
    p.s. I'm going to invite my women's Bible study to join us, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Stacey. Let me know if you have others from your study who sign up. We can include them in our group. I'm so excited about this. Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete