Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Introduction: A New Everyday Truth

Next week, I go to my first middle school parent meeting. My 10-year-old will be a middle-schooler next year. How did that happen?

The switch from elementary school to middle school is a big one -- for both her and her parents. While I'm proud of the lovely young lady my daughter is becoming, I'm a little wary of the change. My concerns range from, "How will she adapt to all the added responsibility and homework?" to "How will I adjust to giving her a bit more freedom that comes along with those responsibilities?"

Change, even good change, always comes with some bumps and concerns. But change also opens up a world of opportunities. My daughter will have the chance to try a whole bunch of new things and meet some new friends.

And through it all, God will be there leading her (and us) through the transition. Exodus 15:13 says "In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed." If we are following Him, God is always there to lead us.

Like my daughter transitioning to middle school, Everyday Truth is growing and going through some changes. As this little blog has grown in the past year and a half, God has shown me some things He'd like for me to do in the future. This blog is hosted on a site called blogger. Unfortunately, blogger's capabilities are limited, so we're moving over to a new site built on a Wordpres platform. That means we have to switch our web address.

If you clicked through from Facebook, you're already there. If you get Everyday Truth in your email inbox, I'm hopeful that everything will transfer over smoothly on Monday morning. But if you wake up and are missing your Everyday Truth, head over to our new site, www.everydaytruth.net, and drop me a note telling me you didn't get it.

I'm really excited about our new site. It already allows me to offer you so much more than the current site. At www.everydaytruth.net, you'll find the daily blog, but you'll also find some free stuff, organized links to all of our Friday Introductions, a schedule of speaking engagements and some information on how to guest post on this site. You'll also find links to our Facebook page and Twitter along with a nifty little Everyday Truth button that you can use to link up to your own blog. In the next few months, look for a store where you can purchase Everyday Truth resources and an online Bible study.

So, head on over to our new home and take a look around. Leave me a comment on what you think and what you'd like to see Everyday Truth do in the future.

I'm so excited about where God is taking Everyday Truth, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for the future. I'm also thankful for all of you. Everyday Truth wouldn't be what it is today without all of you. As a thank you for reading, I've got a free gift for you today. Head over to www.everydaytruth.net and check out the Free Stuff area. You'll find a Valentine's Day download on 10 Ways to Use Valentine's Day to Teach Your Kids About God's Love. You can grab it for free until Feb. 1.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you at the new Everyday Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment