Friday, January 14, 2011

Exciting Plans

Every morning when I sit down to write this blog, I feel so blessed that God has asked me to be a part of His ministry to other moms. There is no higher calling in this world than to invest in the life of a child, whether it be your own or someone else's. I've spent the past few weeks really seeking God's guidance on where He wants the Everyday Truth ministry to go this year.

When I started this blog last May, it was a step of obedience made with a lot of uncertainty. Who am I to tell you how to teach your kids? My kids are certainly far from perfect, and I am certainly not the perfect mom. But God said write, so here we are. God has been faithful every morning to show up and provide something to write about every morning. I'm looking forward to another year of sharing God's truth with you so that you can share it with your kids.

I want to encourage you that if God is asking you to do something for Him this year, just jump in and do it. You can have no idea how amazing the rewards will be. I am constantly encouraged by all of you as you read the blog and leave a comment either here or on the Facebook page. When we step out in obedience, God richly blesses us in ways that we can't begin to imagine. Paul, who obeyed God even when it led Him to prison, says in 1 Corinthians 9:23, "I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." I pray that you, too, would follow God wherever He leads so that you can share in His blessings.

As we start this new year, I wanted to highlight a few things that are coming for the Everyday Truth ministry. I'm excited about where God is taking me in this new year, and I hope that these changes will meet the needs of even more moms.
  • If you love the blog, join me for the Everyday Truth Bible study. I will be leading it at Westside Family Church in Lenexa, Kan., on Wednesday mornings from 9:30-11:30 beginning Feb. 2. This 12-week Bible study will let you dive deeper into eight Biblical truths. Learn what that truth means to you, and leave with practical ways to teach that truth to your children. Check back on Monday for sign-up info.
  • Everyday Truth will get a new look sometime this year as it moves to it's own website. A new site will allow for more options and opportunities and will give you the opportunity to purchase Everyday Truth studies and devotionals. It will also provide a forum for doing online studies.
  • By the end of the year, I plan to have a Thanksgiving devtional, a Christmas devotional and summer curriculum that you can use with your kids written and available for you to download. Be watching for more information.
I can't wait to see what other things God has in store for this ministry as the year goes by. If God is asking you to follow Hiim down a path you never dreamed, take that first step today.

2 comments:

  1. Lori

    YOU amaze me! I so admire your obediance and anticipate where God will lead you because wherever you go, I want to follow! Thank you for listening to His calling because the lives that you are touching are endless. What starts with this one Mommy, grows into four boys that will carry on your teachings to their children and on and on...

    Thank you my sweet sister in Christ... Oh, how YOU bless me!!!

    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news, Lori! Your posts are full of great advice and encouragement. Keep up the ministry. :)

    ReplyDelete